I was privileged to see the Ravenscroft piano in a dual (duel) piano Jazz presentation. The other piano was a well recognized fine piano. Both instruments were in the 7' category. At one point during the program one of the Jazz musicians said: ``I want to play the good piano``. He played a solo on the Ravenscroft and seemed to be mesmerized. Ravenscroft Pianos are designed and built by Michael Spreeman at his company in Scottsdale, Arizona. After working with renowned jazz pianist and composer Bob Ravenscroft on a custom performance piano built to satisfy Bob’s highest demands and expressiveness, Mr. Spreeman formed Spreeman Piano Innovations to build the exclusive line of Ravenscroft Pianos, named after the composer. Garritan CFX vs Ravenscroft VST Hey so I decided to get a Kawai VPC1 to use in college but now I need to find a good VST to go along with it. This has been even harder to decide on than the piano itself. A piano VST instrument can be an extraordinary thing and all you have to do is sit back and enjoy playing. Virtual pianos appear in all sorts of workstation style VST Instruments but for this roundup, I’m looking for those pianos that are deliberately crafted to be exemplary. Vi Labs True Keys Torrent DOWNLOAD.
DescriptionTech specsCopy protectionUser Reviews (7)User demos
The Kawai-EX Pro sample Library is a fabulous, powerfull and bright 9-foot (276cm) KAWAI EX concert grand piano that used to be in the Kennedy center in Washington DC.
We worked closely with Lance Herring on this library (this is our second attempt after the AcademicGrand) and decided to give our project a new dimension, we carefully recorded this extraordinary instrument with 3 microphone pairs and state of the art Gear to try and recreate how powerfull and precise this instrument can be.
The Kawai EX PRO is now in V3 and includes many new features to make it one of the most complete pianos on the market.
Each feature is detailed below and of course it still contains the features of the previous versions like the release volume, pedal noise and key noise.
- The release Volume: the sound produced when you release a key if a note was going on.
- The Key Noises: the sound produced when you release a key and no corresponding sustain was played.
- The Pedal Noise: the sound produced when you press or release the pedal, it adds a lot to the realism.
- The Tone: a simple way to make the piano sound brighter or darker.
- The sostenuto CC, also called the middle pedal. You can sustain selected notes, while other notes remain unaffected.
- The polyphony. If you lower the buffer or simply want to be light on CPU, then increase or lower this value.
- The Reverb. We use a convolution reverb and you can adjust the dry and wet parts separately as well as choose from a large selection of high quality Impulse Responses.
- Round Robin. We added a software round robin feature for the users that need to play repetitive pieces.
We recorded the Kawai EX PRO with three microphone positions:
- The Close position with a pair of microphones close to the strings inside the piano to provide deep bass and rich resonances.
- The Player position with a pair of microphones next to the head of the piano player to really get the feeling of being in front of the piano.
- The Rim position with a pair of microphones at the side of the piano to give more of a soloist playing with a piano perspective.
You can enable / disable, load / unload and mix each microphone position separately to get exactly the sound you want.
Each microphone has three different controls:
- On / Off: You can easily enable or disable each microphone position.
- Load: You can load / unload the samples of each microphone position. This saves Ram usage if you only use one position. Of course the controls are greyed out when the samples are unloaded.
The resonances on a piano give some kind of a reverb effect when all of the strings start resonating.
There are two kinds of resonances that are important to model on a piano, the pedal down resonances and the sympathetic resonances between the held notes. Both these effects are present in the Kawai EX PRO, you can even change the amount of each of them.
Here is in detail what every control offers.
- Pedal Down Resonance controls the amount of the resonance when you press the sustain pedal.
- The True Pedal Action enables the progressive resonance on pedal down when you press a chord and press the pedal afterwards.
- Sympathetic Resonance controls the volume of the sympathetic resonance effect. If you want a piano that sings the harmonics, you can add a little more of that effect.
- Symp Poly controls how many voices you want to allow for the sympathetic resonance effect.
On a real piano, the pedal is not a simple on and off and in classical music, people often use the repedaling and half pedaling.
- Repedaling allows you to 'restart' a chord that has been released with the pedal if the decay is not ended yet. this is especially used when you want to blend chords together.
- Helf Pedaling is as its name implies what happens when you play with the pedal half pressed. the decay is much longer and as the strings are not completely dampened, you hear some resonances.
The half Pedal can be enabled or disabled from the interface but you can also control the size of the cc zone where the half pedal effect will occur. Half pedal min and max are the minimum and maximum values of the sustain pedal cc.
We added a few midi controls to the older version. The sostenuto and sustain CC can be changed in case you want for example use an expression pedal instead of a regular on off pedal. You can also change the Midi curve, the dynamics and the velocity response to really adjust the library to your liking, keyboard and playing style.
- The velocity Sensitivity controls the volume curve, so how easily you get to a high volume, but the lowest and highest volumes stays the same.
- The velocity amount controls the dynamics, so the minimum volume associated with the lowest velocity.
- The MIDI remapper controls the mapping, so which velocity layer corrsponds to which velocity imput.
- The Min and Max Velocity are simply the minimum and maximum velocity that you will have to play to hear the piano.
- The Sustain CC is by default at 64 but can be changed to any other controller if you need to.
- The Sostenuto CC is by default at 66 but can be changed to any other controller if you need to.
| KAWAI-EX PRO comes with its own sample player, the UVI Workstation 3(requires v3.0.0 or later).|
We provide it for free with every library that you buy, you don't need to buy an expensive sampler to use our products. It works on Mac (10.9 or later) and PC (windows 8 or later), in standalone or as a plugin (VST / AU / AAX ) and in 64 bits only. You can find more info about it here.
10.9Gb uncompressed, 2.15Gb compressed in lossless flac format, around 5000 samples.
3 microphone positions that you can mix from the interface.
5 Velocity layers for the sustain (5 on pedal up and 5 on pedal down).
3 sets of 5 Velocities for the release, one for different sustain lenght (staccato).
Ravenscroft Piano Vst Download Full
Key noises samples.
Sustain pedal noises (up and down), triggered automatically.
Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features.iLok or computer based
We use the iLok system to protect our products and you can choose to register your license to your computer or to an iLok dongle.
If you decide to use an iLok dongle, both V1 and V2 are compatible with our products.
You can activate your license on up to 3 computers or iLok dongles at the same time and you can deactivate one and activate another as many times as you want.
Once your order is complete, you will be provided with a serial number.
You will then be able to register it to your iLok account from our website on this page (you need to be logged in to access this page). The whole process is described in the FAQ (instructions + screencast).
Ravenscroft Piano Vst Download Free
June 10, 2016
I have only recently got into making music with a Macbook Pro, having always previously been a hardware user. I was quite disappointed with the pianos that came with Komplete 9 - really thin and lacking in dynamic range (particularly in comparison to the pianos on my Yamaha S90ES). The ones that came with Logic Pro X and Mainstage 3 were also fairly uninspiring. I thought I had made a bad mistake and was thinking about getting rid of the computer gear! This superb grand has changed my mind! It's really playable, and has plenty of body and dynamics - highly recommended!
May 14, 2014
Ravenscroft Piano Free Download
October 03, 2013
October 03, 2013
July 26, 2013
i got this one couple of months ago its really amazing sounds perfect . it took me time to download but it worth waiting
April 27, 2013
I've been looking for a lush sounding Piano VSTi with a relatively compact footprint for some time; primarily for use in the development of electronic music which drew me to the 'Acoustic Samples: Kawai Ex Pro'. This is a wonderfully bright, rich and lively Piano VSTi, with an excellent range of controls and the ability to cut through a mix and remain elegant - awesome sounding and highly recommended! :)
December 24, 2012
Always looking for the holy grail of piano vst's , I do own most after doing a search on youtube for piano vst's found this gem can be tweaked for any styleAnd I must admit sounds sweet